Monday 29 May 2017

Golden Demon: Classic 2017


For some weeks I’ve had a gut feeling that Golden Demon 2017 was going to be a tough competition. There have been hints, subtle and otherwise, that quite a few well-known and highly accomplished painters were planning to attend. Each year I seem to say that the standard was higher than before but that was never truer than this year. The standard went through the roof and much of the work on display was so good it was scary!

With all my hopes pinned on just one model the tension of waiting to find out who the winners were was pretty high! When my Megaboss was placed among the winners on the top shelf I was greatly relieved. Having taken note of the fact that my model was the last one to go onto the top shelf in it’s category, and what that might possibly imply, my hopes were riding high.


I wasn’t to be disappointed; my Megaboss took Gold in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Single Miniature category! A fantastic result, even more so considering the standard of the competion this year. I can ask no more from my hobby than to find myself and my work in such talented company.


I’ve always felt that, no matter how good they think their work is, no painter should assume they are going to win something, not least the Slayer Sword. However, MichaƂ Pisarski (Lan Studio) must have been feeling a fair degree of justifiable confidence with regards to his Enthroned Nagash. It’s a stunning piece of work and it was no great shock when it won the, well deserved, Slayer Sword!

With the addition of the Gaming Tournaments Warhammer Fest was bigger and livelier than ever. The event feels like it’s going from strength to strength and The Golden Demons are a big part of that. It was a bigger, busier, tougher and more exciting competition than it has been for many a year and long may it continue!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on an incredibly well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats mate, it's a great piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just might be...the best mini painter that ever lived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And well deserved too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved price!!

    Congratulations!!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Done David! I always enjoy your work and am pleased to see such a great result for you!

    ReplyDelete