Tuesday 5 December 2017

Project P30 - The tank

My Death Guard Plague Marine was begun as a test piece for my new Nurgle Predator but now it’s time to begin working on the Predator itself. I’m intending to play a very long game with this project and I think I’m going to need a lot of time! The prep, planning and construction are going to take a huge amount of work and I want to be able to sit back and consider every step with care. Beyond that there is the painting and that’s a big job by itself.


But every project must start somewhere and this one begins, as it did in 1990, with a tank. Before I can start experimenting with various configurations of parts I have to build the body of the tank. I’m going to keep this piece on the go while I concentrate on other projects. Sometimes I may bring it to the fore and eventually it will become my major project. But for the time being the Predator will be bubbling away in the background, which seems very appropriate!

5 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to this one 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless you get really excited and into it and it all just falls into place at a shocking pace. It happens once in a while i swear! Your marine is one of my ref pics for my first strike set BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it all! Your nurgle predator was in my very first White Dwarf (128 I think?) and it mesmerised me as a kid. I couldn't understand how it was possible to modify a miniature that much.

    When I returned to Games Workshop games in the last year after a 22 year break, I was staggered that the first WD I picked up also had an image of the same Nurgle Predator. It felt like a personal 'welcome back!'

    So I'm quite invested in how this one turns out, really look forward to seeing the progress on it, and I'm sure there will be small homages to the original masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jamie! I can guarantee a few 'small homages'!

      Delete
  4. I'm very interested to see how this will turn out, how will you top your original Nurgle possessed tank?! It will be a show stopper I'm sure. I'll never forget buying my first White Dwarf issue back in July of 1990, issue 127, the one with the dragon and rider on it. That issue investigated the Craftworld Eldar in detail but it also had the highlights from an exciting event called Golden Demon '90 with your Nurgle Predator tank front and center, I was blown away!! That day I discovered something far more interesting then video games, I've been hooked ever since!

    ReplyDelete