Tuesday 23 June 2015

Project Nurgle - Part 14

The very first thing I worked on for ‘Project Nurgle’ was Gutrot Spume’s trident so it feels good to finally be able to attach it to the mini. There is still a fair bit of work to do before all the elements for this project are done but Gutrot’s completion will be a significant milestone. I just need to make sure I don’t start to rush things as he comes together.

I painted a base coat and some rudimentary shading for the trident before I glued it in place. This gave me the opportunity to avoid messing things up while trying to get my brush into those pesky hard to reach corners! Now it’s fixed in place I can refine everything in context.

Thursday 18 June 2015

Project Nurgle - Part 13

The photo above was taken last weekend and I’ve made progress since then but I didn’t want to leave it any longer before I updated this blog.

Things have been a bit busy recently resulting in a distinct lack of blog posts - I hang my head in shame! However, I’ve managed to keep painting away in the background so Gutrot is progressing at a gentle pace. All going well I’ll be able to attach the trident to the mini over the coming weekend.

Gutrot is taking a lot longer than I initially expected but I think the results I’m getting are worth the extra time and effort so I’m OK with the slow pace. Having said that I’m really looking forwards to finishing the mini and moving on to the base. That will bring a whole new set of challenges!