Exploring contrast in miniature painting
The importance of contrast in miniature painting cannot be overstated. I will be teaching my approach to this subject and demonstrate how I have applied it to my miniatures. The workshop will consist of a combination of theory, demonstrations and practical experience.
Friday 1st June 12noon – 11pm
The Element Games Shop, Bar and Gaming Centre will be open for casual painting and gaming. Masterclass participants will be able to collect their Pox Walkers and can assemble and prep the model ready for the morning. If you can’t make the Friday don’t worry as time will be available Saturday morning for assembly.
Saturday 3rd June 10.00am – 5.30pm
The focus for day one will be on the use of colour & tone to create contrast.
- Introduction with a (very) brief background and history.
- Establishing global lighting/contrast
- Discussing colour theory & the colour wheel
- Creating a colour scheme
Painting Seminar. 'My 10 favorite painting materials and techniques'
A presentation showing how and where I have used my favorite materials and techniques on my award winning models. Followed by a Q&A session.
Anyone can join the Seminar but if they’re not part of the Masterclass there will be a fee to pay on entry (TBA)
Sunday 4th June 10.00am – 5.30pm
During day two we will continue to develop our colour schemes and explore other types of contrast using different techniques and materials.
- Painting texture & freehand detail
- True metallic/Non metallic metals
- Surface finish - matt/gloss/satin
- Finish – highly worked/loosely worked and creating a focal point
- Adding texture & special effects to a painted miniature
Spaces are limited, you can reserve your spot through the Element Games Webstore