The chosen model for this two-day master class is an Adeptus Mechanicus Kastelan Robot from Games Workshop. There will be an emphasis on the techniques I use to paint textured damage and corrosion over a variety of surfaces and materials.
Topics & techniques to be covered will include:
- Assembly and preparation including the addition of real surface textures to a model;
- Priming a model and choosing a base colour;
- An overview of contrast and colour theory, and their application to creating a successful paint scheme;
- Painting volumes and forms;
- Painting true metallic metals;
- Creating and enhancing painted texture - stippling, dry brushing and freehand textures;
- Weathering effects including battle damage, corrosion and staining;
- Adding finishing touches and special effects to a painted miniature.
For more information and to book a place please follow the link to Element Games.