Monday, 18 January 2016

Abalam Prince of Hell - Part 2

The crest on Abalam’s helmet is done and I’m very pleased that I changed it. It was a nasty fiddly job to alter the model after I’d started to paint it but sometimes you just have to take a risk and go for it! 

 
I moved on to painting the rest of the helmet but as the week went on I felt I was running out of steam on the project. I found the stitching details very tedious to paint so rather than slogging on with them I decided to try something different. 

I’ve gone ahead and blocked in the base colours for most of the rest of the bust. This gave me a lot of progress in a little time and, more importantly, gives a good feel for how the overall colour scheme is shaping up. 

 
I’ve decided to spend some more time working on the overall paintjob for Abalam before I get too caught up in the details. That feels like a better way to approach this project, keeping myself energised and the January painting blues at bay! 

1 comment:

  1. Great progress, fantastic work on this one...

    ReplyDelete