Thursday 13 August 2015

Project Nurgle part 18. Painting Gutrot’s Boat - the anchor.

Over the last few days I’ve painted the anchor and finished off the details on the rails and as a result I’ve finished painting Gutrot’s boat.


I wanted the rope to look like it was overgrown with weed and algae so in addition to the ever present baking soda I used a little cotton wool. Once soaked in green ink it took on a suitably weedy bedraggled look.

It’s now time to paint the second tentacle for the base and when that’s done I can start to add the water effects.

I’ve also been experimenting with my camera settings and have finally managed to take some photos of Gutrot that give an accurate representation of the colours!



6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it all together, the boat looks awesome. What's this baking soda technique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nothing too fancy - I've been using baking soda as an additive in my paint to create a very fine grained texture.
      I've used this on Gutrot for corrosion on his trident and chainmail and as algae on the boat and trident handle. I'll put together a brief description/guide and post it next week.

      Delete
    2. That would be cool, I assume then that this would work for rust and caked dirt etc

      Delete