Over the last few days I’ve painted the anchor and finished off the details on the rails and as a result I’ve finished painting Gutrot’s boat.
I wanted the rope to look like it was overgrown with weed and algae so in addition to the ever present baking soda I used a little cotton wool. Once soaked in green ink it took on a suitably weedy bedraggled look.
It’s now time to paint the second tentacle for the base and when that’s done I can start to add the water effects.
I’ve also been experimenting with my camera settings and have finally managed to take some photos of Gutrot that give an accurate representation of the colours!