Wednesday 19 October 2011

Dirty Talk!

I’ve been posting pictures of the Dark Eldar Diorama on the Cool Mini forums. One very useful piece of feedback  from Matt Cexwish (see his jaw droppingly fabulous minis HERE) encouraged me to have a go at using garden soil (yes plain old dirt!) to add some texture to the diorama. I had my doubts as to how this would turn out so I tried out the technique on a sample piece.


My suspicions could not have been more unfounded and I’m a total convert! I really love the texture you get through using soil and superglue. Here are a few pics of the effect on the diorama after painting.



The tutorial for using garden soil can be found HERE on Massive Voodoo.
I’ve also put in a lot of time adding more Dark Eldar detailing to the diorama this week. Here is a teaser of what’s to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment