I've also started work on the King and he will soon be ready for some paint. The conversion work is nothing too radical. I wanted to give him longer legs (I think the original legs looked a bit squat!) and a taller crown. These changes make him slightly bigger, more regal and I think more menacing. I've also replaced the pointing hand with one holding a papyrus scroll. Inscribed, no doubt, with a spell for raising up his undead legions!
I've been asked a few times if I'll be entering this piece into the Golden Demon's. That won't be possible as it uses a few non GW elements. I only started this piece as a bit of fun after my Egyptian holiday and to give myself a break from the (never ending) Dark Eldar project. It's turning out far better than I'd expected and It's rather nice to work on something where I can see an end to it in a matter of months rather than years!