Tuesday 18 March 2014

Jason - Part 5

A chest infection has put a major crimp in my painting plans and the weekend didn't see very much time painting. On the good side antibiotics (shake me & I'll rattle I'm so full of pills!) have come to the rescue and I'm on the mend. 
I did manage to get a little quality painting time last week, before Nurgle stuck, and I've just about finished painting Jason.
I'm now focusing my energies on the base with the second Hydra's head and the Golden Fleece to paint as well as a number of tweaks and adjustments to the terrain. I've also started work on a label for the plinth. I'm looking to pull all the elements together so that I can get a feeling for the overall piece and make sure it works as a whole. I'm very aware that April 12 is getting a lot closer!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome work as always, I am in awe of your skill. You have an amazing style that, from the way I see it, keeps true to 80s cartoon style that miniature painting as we know has evolved from, while still applying much of the techniques that have been developed through the years. One minor thing I am noticing is it looks as if some of the contours on his right sleeve are ever so minutely off. I know its an incredibly little nit-picky thing, and it may, in fact, be simply camera angle, but at the same time I know the tiniest discrepancies can cause the greatest of grievances.

    ReplyDelete