Monday 27 August 2018

The finished Isharann Tidecaster

Apologies for my absence! If you’ve been following me on Facebook you may have read that my partner Mark has been very unwell and in hospital for the past month. Obviously Mark is my top priority and I was effectively ‘offline’ for the duration.

Thankfully Mark is now much recovered and back home where he belongs. My hobby time is still limited but it’s time to start the ball rolling again. So without further ado here is my long delayed, but finally finished, Isharann Tidecaster!


8 comments:

  1. Lovely work! And glad to hear Mark is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Models are amazing. How do you achieve the white "fuzzy" look you have on all your models? On this model you can see it on the statue on the base. More so on your Megaboss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryan,
      the 'fuzzy' look is a result of stippling (painting with dots of colour).
      https://sproketsmallworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/spots-before-your-eyes-guide-to.html

      Delete
  3. Gills on the fish are amazing 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome model. What did you use to make the water effect on the base?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water on the base is made from clear plastic (cut from a blister pack)melted and warped over a candel and then fixed together with water effects. After that I add microbeads and more water effects tinted blue/green.

      Delete