Sunday 1 March 2020

Rockgut Troggoth Part 9. “Lob it, don’t drop it!”

Rather than writing a great long post I’m going to keep things fairly brief and make this a photo-focused piece.

It’s been a whole year since I actually finished a project! Not that I haven’t been busy since but a combination of workshops, long term projects and life in general has kept me on the go without actually getting to the end of a project. Until now that is because my Troggoth/Goblin project, now titled “Lob it, don’t drop it!” is finished!


If your not already sick to death of seeing my Troggoth here are a few close-up pics showing the detais (and brush marks).


I’m going to talk about how I brought the all elements together and finished the project in my next posting.

But in the mean time I have cause for celebration. I’d been looking forward to the Iron Skull painting competition for some time but, until the end of last week, it was looking like I wouldn’t have anything to bring along. With everything that happened at the start of the year my thoughts were not on painting or competitions.

Then when my Troggoth project came together, in what I can only describe as a super productive painting frenzy (again more on that next time), I suddenly found myself with an entry. Not that that prevented my usual pre-show nerves and jitters but they were rewarded with a major success!

The Iron Skull Trophy for 'Best in Show'
Gold Trophy for Scene/Duel/Diorama

I’m so very pleased and proud that my Troggoth won gold in it’s category Scene/Duel/Diorama. Then, to make an already great day even better, it went on to win Best in Show!

3 comments:

  1. Splendid David...
    A beautiful miniature and a well deserved victory/win...
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations dude. It's a work of art.
    GW goblins have always been a favourite of mine.
    You've made me decide to paint a squig riders just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other people must just pack up and go home when they see you arriving at a competition.
    Great work obvs.

    ReplyDelete