Tuesday 14 October 2014

Dark Eldar Haemonculus & Golden Demon 2014

Congratulations to all the winners at Golden Demon 2014. There didn't seem to be quite as many minis in the cabinets as previous years; but I thought it was a tough competition with a really high standard across all the categories. 

I'm so glad I decided to paint myself out of my post Euro blues by going into the Golden Demons. It was a lot of hard work in a short space of time. But I gained a great feeling of achievement by simply getting the mini to a state where I was happy to enter it into the competition. I didn’t think I stood much chance of a win, so I'm completely over the moon about getting a Bronze Demon for my Haemonculus. 


I'm now feeling really hyped up for next year's painting projects and I've even decided on what I'd like to paint for GD next year. There’ll be no more last minute projects from me for quite some time! It's been years since I've painted any Nurgle minis but the Putrid Blightkings and Gutrot Spume are saying 'paint me' loud and clear!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Demon, quick job or not the finished model looks outstanding.

    Being a fan of Nurgle i'd be excited to see you take your brushes to some or Papa Nurgles minions in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I look forward to seeing how your very clean and crisp style works with the lord of decay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to meet you and see this chap in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that hemy is just fantastic. The texturing on his robes is perfect, great job. Personally I don't think you should ever be bummed by not being recognized in painting competitions when your work looks as good as it does. Your nugle work should be spectacular, looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was nice to meet you in person if briefly and have a chat with you in the bar, the model was lovely to see very close up and the skin cloak effect was interesting to hear how you did it. Hope to see you at Salute :) (Rose Model Art from CMON BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely haemonculus Dave, and congratulations to the bronze. Well deserved!

    Can't wait to see your take on Papa Nurgle - your exquisite natural hues should make those models soar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work on the cloak, you can almost feel the texture :)

    The Blightkings look like stunning figures I'll definitely be getting some myself and can't wait to see how you approach them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this when searching for guides on building this haemy model. (if it was worth while painting separate then hoping the super glue held it together later). I didn't expect to find such a source of inspiration and an absolutely stunning piece. Congrats on the win, it's very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Personally I don't like painting before I glue but on this mini I think it was essential. Otherwise painting the inner robes and the inside of the 'flesh cloak' would have been extremely tricky!

      Delete