Saturday 2 July 2011

Into The Woods - the finished diorama.

So after many a distraction and a bit of a wait for the angels my diorama is finally finished!
The angels are painted very simply with dry brushing to create a stony texture and a little washing to define the shadows.
Shifting back down to 28mm scale after all these years was quite a challenge and I had to re-think how I went about things. At the age of 14 I could happily sit on the floor and paint minis all day every day (during the Summer holls at any rate) but at 44 a couple of hours is quite as much as I would want to try without a break.


7 comments:

  1. Nice work!
    I like Doctor Who and the Tardis I create dioram with.
    How do you figure the Doctor and companion.
    Sorry for English but I use translator.
    Nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!
    I like Doctor Who and the Tardis I create dioram with.
    How do you figure the Doctor and companion.
    Sorry for English but I use translator.
    Nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also bought the Heresy figures with a view of creating something similar but I've just not had the time to work on them yet - this is brilliant. I'm certainly going to bookmark this as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I also did these same models but nowhere near as nicely! You have also convinced me on the Scarey Statues, they looked a bit... naff with the drybrushing on the site but you have made them look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!! My other half sent me the link and we both agreed that it was like a perfect marriage of both our geekinesses (he converts Warhammer 40K miniatures and I'm a giant Dr Who nerd.) One question though.....no love for River Song?! I'd love to see you do one of her next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Heather!
    There was no mini of River (a character I adore) available when I started this project and I wasn't up to doing a conversion. A River themed diorama could be fun - It would, of course, have to be titled 'Hello Sweetie'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Really like to colors, the blue of the Tardis is amazing and really stands out from the more surrounding earthly colors. Thx/Hans

    ReplyDelete